Key Stage 1 includes the primary years, Year 1 and Year 2, for students between the ages of 5-7. Our Key Stage 1 classes are for both boys and girls. Students follow a programme of study based on the National Curriculum.
Aims and objectives: The distinctive purpose of Key Stage 1 is to lay the foundation of future learning by:
- Developing the basic skills in reading, writing, speaking, listening, number and information and communication technology.
- Developing appropriate skills and correct attitudes in investigations.
- Introducing young children to a broad range of interesting content spanning the subjects of the curriculum.
- Promoting positive attitudes to learning and helping young children to work and play together harmoniously.
Programmes of study set out what teachers should cover in every subject during each Key Stage.
There are also four general teaching requirements, which apply across all subjects.
- Use language effectively
- Use information and communication technology (ICT) effectively
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Provide teaching that includes different viewpoints
OES programme for Key Stage 1 includes:
- English language
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
- Arabic language
- Islamic Studies